We lost our friend, Stacey, over the weekend. Scott has a wonderful tribute to her. but I need to write some things.
*She made Oscar parties fun (we used to bet on the winners)
*She was a fabulous high school teacher. Her students were always prepared for college writing.
*High school kids! I could never do that!
*After parties, she’d have beer booty. I would shine a laser pointer into her window from Scott’s apartment (she lived across the quad), she’d call, and I’d invite myself over for beer.
* She loved her cats, especially Spencer, her first kitty.
* We used to meet on Fridays for tamale lunch at a local cafe.
* She loved purses.
* She worked very hard and lost a lot of weight–and kept it off.
* She taught her students about community service with <a href=http://www.emptybowls.net/></a>empty bowls.
* She always had a smile, a hug, and laugh.
Rest in peace, Stacey. You made the world a better place. We’ll miss you.